[RC5] Theme Cow for rc5 (HERD!!!!)

steve,,, vort at resnet124.unm.edu
Fri Nov 21 03:52:21 EST 1997

> 'steve,,,' said previously:
> |

> | > BTW...I posted this before but noone answered...is there a client for a
> | > 3/60 running SunOS 4.1.0? I see some clients but they are all for sparcs.
> | > I did email off the main page but got no reply.
> |
> | i think we're all either trying very hard to imagine that you really don't
> | exist to compose that message, or else we're all just aghast you'd even
> | consider such a thing
>
> Actually, Sun 3/60's aren't too terribly slow, are they?  Aren't they 68010's
> or 68020's under the hood?  Not much different than the Macs that someone
> else was talking about.  :-)

68020's, with 68881 fpu's, which in my book are terribly slow, doubly
so for this application :) , i'm also running a Mac IIsi with 68882 fpu
and it's only getting 5kkeys/sec , i dont imagine these 3/60's would even
match that... they do however make good space heaters, and it's getting
to be the time of the year where i heat my dorm entirely with
compute cycles ( im not kidding about this either, i've got 9 machines
stuffed into my dorm, and its around 30 something outside, and im just
toasty :) )

-steve

--
 http;//flux.unm.edu - Modern scooter website!
   I have plenty of common sense, i just choose to ignore it. -Calvin
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net