[RC5] Holding blocks hostage

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Fri Nov 21 09:08:06 EST 1997

Matthew L Bennett (lord_buttmonkey at juno.com) wrote:

> >> So, how many blocks are you "holding hostage"? 7? 8?

> Well, I suppose the rest of us should get cracking... any way to block
> domains from thefting blocks?

I know this has been beaten nearly to death, but I think it's important
to make sure everyone here understands this.

There's no way that anyone can "steal" blocks.  If he downloads blocks
and never returns them, then those blocks will be reissued when we run
out of unissued blocks.  If he actually cracked them, but never returns
them, then he has used his CPU for no purpose.

--
# Greg Wooledge                         # "Daddy, why do those people have to
# wooledge at kellnet.com                  #   use Microsoft Windows?"
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net