[RC5] Theme Cow for rc5 (HERD!!!!)

Kwoody kwoody at citytel.net
Fri Nov 21 10:38:26 EST 1997

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Paul Chvostek wrote:

> with a 16MHz 386, then some wise ass brought up a Sun 2/60.  Never seen
> numbers so small.

Ive got at least one 16 mhz 386 and a dx/33 that I *could* press into
service. Just need an xtra ethernet card or two. ;)

> I hate to say it, but there's a *reason* your 3/60's are in the basement
> doing nothing.  Give them something to do, and the'll still be doing
> pretty much nothing.  Four of them running RC5 would still be slower
> than a 386/40.  Best to spend your time recruiting a single person with
> a 486.  :-)

Well not completely nothing, I do have the drive being used as xtra
storage for my little lan. (I mount the drive via NFS) but I figure even
if they are slow, even a couple of blocks a day might help!

But I didnt think they were _that_ slow compared to a 386/40. That means
that my dx/33 might be worth a try then.

Keith.
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net