[RC5] Re: A whole bunch of things

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Nov 21 14:38:02 EST 1997

     Well, the hardware I kept negatively referring to is the 6881 and
     derivatives: 68881, 68882, i486, P5, PPro, PII, i860, i960, and
     possibly the i386DX (I don't recall clearly...).

     The only people who can write these clients is the inner circle of
     priviledged people who can actually touch and modify and make new and
     bugfix and check for trojans the sources.  Historically, contacting
     them resulted in either being ignored or being told to implement it in
     the v1 sources (which are no longer available and, in a certain sense,
     are unsupported in RC5-64).  Since no one can do that now, you're
     probably out of luck "until v3".  (Whenever...)

     My understanding is that the M2, R4000 (et seq.), 603e (et seq.) and
     most other non-Intel architectures actually have non-tortuous FPU
     coding...

     The people talking about the FPGA clients might as well have their
     hosting processors do this as well, since they will most likely not be
     using even remotely "canon" clients.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu