[RC5] Historical perspective

stonedog at ns1.net-gate.com stonedog at ns1.net-gate.com
Fri Nov 21 17:04:55 EST 1997

If my understanding is correct, a one-time-pad system would provide this
ability.  However, if you wanted to "prove" that your message said,
"bread, milk, dog food, lettuce", rather than, "I have suitcase nukes to
sell", you'd have to throw some computation at finding the key that
decrypted the ciphertext into the innocuous plaintext of your choosing.
I'm not sure if this would be as expensive as finding a hash collision
over a really, really big table space or not.

-stonedog

--
"I haven't had this much fun since the hogs ate my little brother."
	-Robert Hettinga

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net