[RC5] Historical perspective

Ryan Dumperth woodie at indy.net
Fri Nov 21 17:03:06 EST 1997

>Along the same lines... Is there an encryption technique in which the
>given the encrypted message, you could generate any decrpyted message,
>by varying the key? What I mean is, if you had the message
>"IUhiosahfi879*^*(^hs;", and you tried brute force on it, you could get
>back (amoung a lot of garbage) "Sell my stock", "Don't sell my stock", and
>"Millenium Hand and Shrimp"

A one time pad has this quality. Since the plaintext is simply XOR'd with
the one time pad's gibberish, no decryption is any more likely than any
other.

Public Key: http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8D98E677
PGP Key Fingerprint: 4913 67E3 BCA8 6326 F404  6005 6C1B D2D8 8D98 E677
PGP, use it or lose it.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net