[RC5] Win32: feature creep

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Sun Nov 23 08:49:18 EST 1997

David McNett (nugget at slacker.com) wrote:

> I'd gladly pay $500 for MSOffice for Linux.  The only reason I'm not
> running Linux as my desktop right now is that I need Office to do my
> job.

Oh, I *know* that feeling!

I'm a consultant, so I move from site to site, sometimes frequently.  I've
had to get used to some pretty strange Windoze setups.  But sometimes,
depending on where I am and how long I'm there, I have enough freedom
to be able to install Linux (possibly running the DOS cc:Mail client
through dosemu).  At one place I was able to get a second computer on
the LAN, so I had my *real* system (SPARC/Solaris), and then my MS-Mail
system (Windoze).

So, on a side note, *WHY* do silly big corporations always use the worst
e-mail packages the market has to offer?

--
# Greg Wooledge                         # "Daddy, why do those people have to
# wooledge at kellnet.com                  #   use Microsoft Windows?"
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net