[RC5] Win32: feature creep

Stephen Bain sjbain at akamail.com
Mon Nov 24 09:29:32 EST 1997

Getting way off topic but.....

> Not to futher fan the flames, but...
>
> I'd gladly pay $500 for MSOffice for Linux.  The only reason I'm not
> running Linux as my desktop right now is that I need Office to do my
> job.

Do you need 'MS Office', or just an office product?  Corel do a quite a
bit of stuff for unix (incl Linux >2.0.25) including Wordperfect 7.0 for
X.  They do an competive upgrade (I believe) for $129.  There's also a
15-day evaluation available from www.corel.com.  Wordperfect will
read/write MS Word files etc.   I don't know if they do other office
products, but it's probably worth checking out.

from the corel website:
You won't settle for a second class operating system so why settle for
second class software? WordPerfect 7 for Linux is NO compromise
software for Linux. Buy it now for a limited time at a reduced price.

see:
http://www.sdcorp.com/wplinux.htm

Stephen Bain