[RC5] Win32: feature creep

Sean McPherson sean at ntr.net
Sun Nov 23 18:57:58 EST 1997

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, David McNett wrote:

> Tom Marshall was heard saying:
> >Word is platform-independent?  I don't think so!  We're not all
> running
> >M$ software.  M$ just released their *first attempt* at a Unix browser
> >and it only runs on one platform.  The one-and-only reason that they
> did
> >this was to (try to) counter Netscape's reign as the dominant
> >cross-platform browser.  "New! Office97 for Linux!  Only $499.99
> +S/H!"
> >Eeewww!  Gag me with a CD!
>
> Not to futher fan the flames, but...
>
> I'd gladly pay $500 for MSOffice for Linux.  The only reason I'm not
> running Linux as my desktop right now is that I need Office to do my
> job.
>
> -/\/

David (And every one else using linux),
	Ever tried Applixware that you can get from RedHat? I use it to
open Word, Excel, and other misc. office stuff. It works great, and even
non-linux users like it. Some of my MS using friends like it more (it
never crashes on me, while let's not say what Offixce97 did to their
machines...).

Sean McPherson
sean at ntr.net
Network Operations Technician