[RC5] rc5nicer

steve,,, vort at resnet124.unm.edu
Sun Nov 23 22:59:12 EST 1997

hey folks, for those interested in running on multiuser systems i've
refined my script a bit, it will send SIGSTOP to an rc5 client when
someone other than you logs in, and a SIGCONT once they log out, it
will also set up a local directory to run rc5 out of if one doesn't
already exist , and start up a client if one has been killed outright.

so if joeuser has a homedir of /home/joeuser , and rc5nicer exists there,
all he'd have to do is add a cron entry of :

* * * * * /home/joeuser/rc5nicer

it would run once a minute  pretty much forever , I dont notice it when
running on a sparc IPX, i.e. VERY low cpu usage, and the only thing you'll
need to do at this point is make sure everytime a new machine comes online
is to add the cron entry on that machine, the script should take care of
the rest.

-steve

again, you can get it at ftp://flux.unm.edu/pub/rc5nicer

--
 http;//flux.unm.edu - Modern scooter website!
   I have plenty of common sense, i just choose to ignore it. -Calvin
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net