[RC5] Win32: feature creep

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Nov 24 09:43:15 EST 1997

        Big corporations' purchasing decisions are made by people who have
     difficulty reading the glossy brochures and considerably more
     difficulty understanding anything even remotely technical.
        This is why the engineers complain about the mail system before
     it's even purchased.  Then management accuses them of not being "team
     players".  Then the product fails.  Management blames this on the
     negative attitudes of the engineers.  et c.

        Dilbert is (unfortunately) not sarcasm.  This didn't seem so true
     back in the 50s and 60s.  Of couse, then, we didn't suffer from the
     delusion that adding the adjective "managed" to the front something
     made it better.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu