[RC5] Win32: feature creep

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.net
Tue Nov 25 04:13:05 EST 1997

At 7:10 PM 11/23/97, Sean McPherson wrote:
>        Applixware will import and export to word and msoffice files, as
>well as Excel. What's so worng with that? You can read in his Office
>files, and send yours out in Office formats. That scenario you described
>doesn't happen in my office, and I use it.

The problem generally isn't that you can't go straight from Word to
something else and back, but that after you come back it *must* go into
Word because PageMaker (for one example) can't read the
almost-Microsoft-Word format that you've come up with.

It isn't worth the grief.

Van

How fast is fast? Check out the hottest Windows and Mac systems on the
Van Horn/BYTE Magazine Photoshop Performance Page:
        http://www.whidbey.com/gallery/photoshop

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net