[RC5] Idea

Oliver von Bueren ovb at ovb.ch
Tue Nov 25 16:36:34 EST 1997

On Mon, 24 Nov 97 09:23:21 -0600, you wrote:

>     Hmmm...  This makes me wonder about dedicated clients -- machines with
>     bits and pieces borrowed from a legitimate OS on the machine, but
>     booted to run the Bovine client exclusively.  I imagein something like
>     the DOS client, boot (to Protected Mode) code, TCPIP stack from
>     whatever the machine would normally use...  Surely this could all fit
>     on a boot floppy...

What about the drivers from "The Crynwr packet driver collection". The
times I used more dos machines, I installed these drivers for quite a
few different ethernet adapters and run all kind of software and
managed it to run win3.1x with all kind of windows networking sw over
that interface.

A dos client with some network support would be greate, I've quite
some dos pc's standing around that could do some work.

       Cheers,
       Oliver

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net