[RC5] Win32: feature creep

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Tue Nov 25 08:13:17 EST 1997

'Ben Byer' said previously:

| At 05:55 AM 11/24/97 -0600, you wrote:
| >'Ben Byer' said previously:
| >
| >| For us emacs users (boo! hiss!), what are the EXACT key sequences
| >| needed to get this to work? :)
| >
| >Emacs can run vi macros?  News to me.  (Read:  No idea.)
|
| Nooo!  I meant, for those of us who happen to have vi lying around, but
| have no clue how to use it, how do we get that to work! :)

First, uudecode that macro file.  Assume it's saved as "maze.vi" in the
current directory.  Next, write the maze out to a file.  I'll suppose
it's named "maze", also in the current directory.

Type:

vi <enter>
:r maze<enter>
:source maze.vi<enter>
=

And it should solve the maze before your very eyes.  :-)  (It doesn't
work on most "stock" vi's because the macro recursion depth is limited.
You need a clone like "vim" or somesuch to do it.)

--Joe

--
 |- - - - -  j-zbiciak1 at ti.com  - - - - -|   You have the capacity to
 | - http://www.primenet.com/~im14u2c/ - |   learn from mistakes.
 |- - - -Texas Instruments, Dallas- - - -|   You will learn alot today.
 +------#include <std_disclaimer.h>------+
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net