[RC5] Email = cycles (was re: Theme Cow...)

Tue Nov 25 15:41:23 EST 1997

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:47:19 -0600, Robert Brooks wrote:

>But look at it this way.  I am using very few computer cycles as I type
>this message.  If I weren't typing this message, I'd be compiling
>something, and that would be using up all my PC's cycles.  Then you get the
>message, and read it.  Again, you are reading my message instead of
>compiling (or rasterizing or printing or uploading or otherwise working).

Ha!  You primitive single tasker, you!  Lets see, while I am typing
collection of Rexx scripts are building test data, DH-Grep is searching
for a lost set of files, PM Mail is checking for new mail, Clock going
in the corner, Swap file monitor in the other corner, and oh yeah
90kkeys/sec for rc5-64.  Key rate rises to about 98kkeys/sec at night
when I shut everything down, this is only a P75 after all.

Golly, do one thing at a time.  That's so eighties! (As my teenagers
would say.)

(The above is meant as humor.)

Skip

Hal 9000: "Dave, put those Windows disks down....Dave...DAVE!"

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net