Pirating (Useless. Was: [RC5] Win32: feature creep

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Tue Nov 25 15:17:14 EST 1997

     Well, there's always DES, or RC5-56 or -64...

     And, I'm inclined to think that they might get what they want.
     Consider DATs.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu

Subject: Re: Pirating (Useless. Was: [RC5] Win32: feature creep
Author:  <rc5 at llamas.net > at SMTP
Date:    1997/11/25 09:57

IIRC, didn't the cable companies at one point try to legislate off-air
taping out of existence?  And what about the country-locked DVD formats, or
the "3 times and you're out" DVD that the big studios are pushing for?  If
they're hoping that encryption of some sort will keep their DVD's from
being viewed "inappropriately", I think they'll be mistaken...

Robert Brooks / robertb at geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4535/graph.html (Wallpaper Heaven!)

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net