[RC5] Time to completion

Cedric Tefft cedric at earthling.net
Wed Nov 26 00:31:47 EST 1997

If I've done my math correctly it looks like at the current rate of 9000
MKeys/sec it will take over 64 years to exhaust the keyspace.  In order
to complete the task within one year we would need to increase our rate
to almost 595,000 MKeys/sec (i.e. 64 times our current rate).  Even a
3-year completion target would require an average rate of 195,000
MKeys/sec.  Does it seem likely that we will be able to increase our
current rate by such large factors?

BTW, feel free to check my math.  I've been known to misplace a decimal
point on occasion.
--

- Cedric

*      Cedric Tefft: Proto-Human, Reluctant Programmer     *
*            email: cedric at earthling.net                   *
* PGP FingerPrint: E114-CA05-E498-8A88-0762-79BB-A117-C59B *
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net