[RC5] Fwd: MIT Cryptographic Effort

Wed Nov 26 08:45:59 EST 1997

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 13:19:38 -0000, James  Kew wrote:

>What I *do* find interesting is their probablistic approach to finding
>the key: no keyservers, just random searches.

I think that what we are seeing there is simple laziness.  picking a
random chuck of keyspace is quicker and easier.  If they are still
around when a significant portion of the keyspace is searched, they may
want to put more thought into that strategy.

| Skip Huffman      | "A penny saved may be a penny     |
| Carreker-Antinori | earned, but it's a waste of a     |
| Atlanta Office    | deposit slip and it really pisses |
| Quality Group     | off the tellers."                 |

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net