[RC5] Fwd: MIT Cryptographic Effort

Nate Begeman sampo at triton.net
Wed Nov 26 09:13:08 EST 1997

>> I get about 36kks on my P200 under IE4 Java VM; the Bovine client gets
>> about 230kks. Ho-hum.
>
>For me the same, BUT: They finally decided to use Java, whereas
>Bovine is still denying Java. Keyword: v3.....

Yeah, as for Java, I'll stick to my PPC specific client, but what's
interesting is it's about 6 times faster than the Bovine Java client was on
macs. hmm.  Was there any PC specific code in the Bovine Java that would
favor Pentiums so much over other platforms?

Cheers,

Nate Begeman
sampo at triton.net
when in trouble, when in doubt,