[RC5] Time to completion

Robert Brooks robertb at geocities.com
Wed Nov 26 10:10:57 EST 1997

>On a side note, I've always imagined a class of problems that could be
>described like this: If you started to work on them now, by the time they
>were finished another machine would have been invented that could solve
>them before the older machine is done (ie, the sooner the better doesn't
>always work).

Wasn't there a sci-fi book where a "generation ship" is built to reach
another star system, is lost and forgotten, then is found generations later
by a ship using technology that makes the hundred-year's trip in a few
days?  Or was that an idea I had after too much tequila in college?

(Tequila and apple juice go surprisingly well together, and store well in a
dorm-sized refrigerator, by the way)

Robert Brooks / robertb at geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4535/graph.html (Wallpaper Heaven!)
http://www.flash.net/~totoro/ (Totoro Consulting / totoro at flash.net)