[RC5] Fwd: MIT Cryptographic Effort

Bojan Baros barosb1 at lasalle.edu
Wed Nov 26 12:37:39 EST 1997

About Java, the problem in speed might be that it is not optimised for
specific systesms. As I learned by now, each client, aside from being
writen in some high-lvl lang, also has a machine specific code (assembly)
which is faster, but as it is said, machine specific. e.g., machine code
for 486 can be run on Pentium, put for full Pentium optimization, code
will be changed and it won't be usable for 486.
this is just "educated guess". Please correct or support me as you find
fit.
Bojan Baros
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net