[RC5] Key rate halfing on OS/2 client

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Wed Nov 26 17:36:02 EST 1997

On Wed, 26 Nov 97 17:20:43 +0500, Jeffrey Doolittle wrote:

>On 26 Nov 97 16:14:20 +0000, SCRUTE.UK.ORACLE.COM wrote:
>
>>  I've discoverd that the keyrate on one of my OS/2 clients has halfed. It
>>happened on 14th November around lunchtime and it hasn't got back up to
>>speed
>>yet. Pulse is only regestinging about 1/2 instead of maxing out. I can't
>>remember if I did anything then on this PC, but I don't think so. Anyone got
>>a clue what this could be ?
>
>I would be curious as to how long the clients have been running.  I've
>got six computers running the OS/2 client without any problems, the
>longest at the moment is a web server which has been operational for
>312 hours the last time I checked.

Well, I ASSUME he's not running pulse all the time.  If you run pulse
and have the client set to nice=0 you will rob 50% of the cycles (pulse
basically tries to use up all the free idle 0 slices to determine what
percent of your cpu time you're actually using).

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net