[RC5] Current Bovine Rate: ~23506.50 mkeys/sec

Sanford Olson sanford at msn.fullfeed.com
Wed Nov 26 17:51:16 EST 1997

At 03:32 PM 11/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Rémi Guyomarch wrote:
>>
>> Current as of Wed Nov 26 21:31:31 1997 GMT
>>
>> (on http://www.distributed.net/rc5/proxyinfo.html)
>>
>> Is this true ??
>
>Well, the sum of the individual proxies is 12846 MKeys/sec, so
>somebody's lyin' (unless the overall rate is not SUPPOSED to be a total
>of the proxies).
>
>- Cedric
>--

Actually, I believe the overall rate is just the rate of the master key
server.  If it goes down for a while, it has to play "catch-up" with the
other proxy servers and that can boost it's rate.  Also, I believe that a
proxy server's rate is the average rate for the entire period that that
proxy server has been up.

- Sanford
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net