[RC5] DOS/Mac buffer file compatibility

Eric Folley efolley at ziplink.net
Wed Nov 26 19:38:16 EST 1997

At home, I have a Mac with dialup internet access, and a Pentium that for
hardware reasons (no modem!), does not have internet access.

Tonight I just started the Pentium working with the DOS client, with a
buff-in.rc5 file I pulled down from my PC at the office.

While I can use my office machine to upload the blocks processed by my
at-home PC, it might be more convenient to use my at-home mac to upload old
blocks and retrieve new ones.

So, two questions: 1) do the DOS and Mac clients use the same file format,
i.e. can a file pulled off one machine be used by the other?

2) Since the Mac files do not have a .suffix, do files have to be renamed
when being passed from one machine to another?

Sorry if this has been asked before, yada yada yada.

Thanks...

--
Eric Folley
Alexandria, VA  USA