[RC5] Time to completion

Eric Schaefer es5 at irz301.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 27 07:14:41 EST 1997

Hi!

Isaac Asimov "Nemesis"
An independent space-station is leaving earth for nemesis, but earth build a
jumpship and arrives there shortly after them...
(not same story, i guess, but the same idea)

Eric Schaefer

> >Wasn't there a sci-fi book where a "generation ship" is built to reach
> >another star system, is lost and forgotten, then is found generations later
> >by a ship using technology that makes the hundred-year's trip in a few
> >days?  Or was that an idea I had after too much tequila in college?
>
> Yep. Can't remember the name, tho.
>

> Ray Vanlandingham

Of everything I ever lost,
I miss my mind the most.
* Eric Schaefer  es5 at inf.tu-dresden.de  *
*     http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~es5 *
* Got any spare cpu-cycles?             *
* Donate at http://rc5.distributed.net  *

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net