[RC5] Re: Company Involvement

Maverick maverick at ninja.techwood.org
Thu Nov 27 18:46:43 EST 1997

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Roger Moar wrote:

>     Someone mentioned something about company involvement for the RC5
> effort...I'm afraid I forget who. Although DEC is in the top 100, and
> Intel is nearly in the top 200, what is the story with Sun? I know
> RC5 isn't about PR, but you'd think they'd at least have a team...and
> where are all the StarFires :-)

It makes me wonder why Intel is only in the top 200...  Think about it -
Intel of all people should be WAY up in the rankings...wonder what the
problem is???  I would figure Intel could run it on litterally hundreds,
if not thousands of machines.  But I guess they don't feel like paying an
hourly employee to walk around and install the client on all of the
machines either!  What a great way to test processors though!

I would love to work in the burn-in department at a company like Gateway
2000...  Run the client on all of the machines doing their 48 hour (or
however long it is) burn-ins - at least a few thousand machines a week!

maverick
Nashville, Tennessee  USA

  "A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a
   fool trust either one of them."   -- Anonymous
  maverick at ninja.techwood.org ------------- http://www.martek.net/maverick

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net