[RC5] FW: Sponsorship

Davek blitter at geocities.com
Wed Nov 26 22:27:21 EST 1997

 Speaking of trademarks, it seems using a (slang)word that has been around for
decades is now illegal if you happen to copyright it. I laughed when the BOB
joke went around a few years back, how Bill Gates copyrighted the name Bob.

 Amiga in spanish means friend(female). No one has been sued for using the word
Amiga, yet MIT thinks that using the word or term/phrase Fishwrap is not
acceptable. This phrase has been around longer than MIT has.

http://www.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=aq&what=news&what=news&kl=XX&q=fishwrap+and+amiga+and+mit&r=&d0=21%2FMar%2F86&d1=&search.x=19&search.y=14