[RC5] Win95 client + checkpoint files?

Cedric Tefft cedric at earthling.net
Thu Nov 27 18:44:46 EST 1997

Phil Gregory wrote:

> Does anyone know if there are plans to add checkpoint files to the
> Win95
> client?  The Linux client I have uses them, and if my Linux box ever
> crashes
> (the only time this has ever happened is during a power outage), the
> client
> will pick up right where it left off.  If my Win95 machine crashes,
> however
> (that only happens about every other day), I lose the block that it
> was
> working on.
>
> #include <sig.h>

You can turn on checkpoint files for the Win32 client by editing the
.INI file.  Change the checkpointfile line to
"checkpointfile=ckpoint.rc5" (or whatever you want the checkpoint file
to be).

--

- Cedric

*      Cedric Tefft: Proto-Human, Reluctant Programmer     *
*            email: cedric at earthling.net                   *
* PGP FingerPrint: E114-CA05-E498-8A88-0762-79BB-A117-C59B *
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net