Pirating (Useless. Was: [RC5] Win32: feature creep

Robert Brooks robertb at geocities.com
Fri Nov 28 10:20:11 EST 1997

At 01:44 AM 11/30/97 GMT, you wrote:
>On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:15:24 -0600, Robert Brooks
><robertb at geocities.com> wrote:
>
>>Of course, if you follow the GNU model, then you'd never get past CP/M,
>>WordStar for DOS, Lotus 1-2-3 for DOS, dBase for DOS, and the like.
>>Interesting that the successors to all these apps were written by a
>>programmer named Bill Gates!  I guess we all got together and paid him
>>(several billion dollars) to create that custom tool we were looking for. ;)
>
>Bill Gates is a chairman of a corporation, he does not write code.

But he used to, didn't he?  Seems I recall that he was the programmer who
rewrote the pitifully bad Level I BASIC on the TRS-80, creating the much
better Level II BASIC.  Hey, maybe I can send him a note about a Level II
client?

Robert Brooks / robertb at geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4535/graph.html (Wallpaper Heaven!)
http://www.flash.net/~totoro/ (Totoro Consulting / totoro at flash.net)