[RC5] Behind a firewall

Justin Cave jocave at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 28 12:33:16 EST 1997

At 02:39 AM 11/28/97 , Ching Yen Choon wrote
| 	I have access to around 30 Sun Ultra, all behind a firewall.
There's a
| http proxy using port 8002 to get through. I tried every mode, and
still
| can't get a connection through.

If you set "8) Network communication mode" to 4 (local HTTP proxy),
you'll gain 3 options

11) Local HTTP proxy address
12) Local HTTP proxy port
14) HTTP proxy userid/password

If you configure those to pint to the proxy on port 8002 with your
userid and password, do you get through?  If not, what sort of error
do you get?
Justin Cave                        290 Massachusetts Ave
jocave at mit.edu                     Cambridge, MA 02139
http://mental-pygmie.mit.edu
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net