[RC5] GUI client hangs?

fpeeler at mediaone.net fpeeler at mediaone.net
Sat Nov 29 06:20:17 EST 1997

Hi everyone,

I'm still new at this, but I have the client running on ~20 machines at
work, and most of them cannot complete a 24 hour cycle without locking
up. (v2.6401 Win32 GUI).

Usually this happens when they are trying to commmunicate with the
keyserver (I'm running a proxyper now, but it was happening before I
starting using that).  Even though hung and not responding to stop or
guicntrl signals, they still use 100% CPU.  They have to be "end tasked"
to shut them down.  Most affected machines are Pentium MMX's, though
I've seen it on non-MMX Pentiums, as well. I've also seen it on both
Win95 OSR2 and NT4 SP3.

I'll only be able to use these machines through the Thanksgiving weekend
if I can't stop them from locking up.  I've been lurking the list since
I started last week, but have seen no mention of it.

Any ideas?

Fred
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net