[RC5] rc5-64 vs. v3

Seren Thompson sthompson at matchpoint.com
Sat Nov 29 12:17:37 EST 1997

You know, the 64-bit key seems breakable at the moment since bovine's speed
just keeps increasing. What's going to happen though when the v3 clients
come out and a huge section of the effort breaks off to persue other
distributed efforts?  The assumption everyone has made about breaking
rc5-64 is that bovine is just going to get faster and faster while, if I'm
not mistaken, the reality is that our (key-cracking) speed will plumet when
v3 comes out.

Just a thought.

Seren Thompson
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net