[RC5] Tillamook cpu selection problem

Reid Conti conti at oz.net
Sat Nov 29 13:14:01 EST 1997

> I just got a Toshiba 750 which has the new 233MHz mobile pentium, and almost
> everytime I start the client it picks a different core. Out of the six  available
> cores,
> it's picked everyone except the AMD K6. Any ideas on why it keeps cycling the
> processor cores?

They're probably close.  Try doing -benchmark2 specifying each core.
You'll probably find 2 or 3 that have VERY similar speeds, some that are
WAY off.  Then -benchmark the last 2 or 3 that are close, and pick the one
that looks the fastest :)

- reid

Si l'homme est créé libre, il doit se gouverner;
Si l'homme a des tyrans, il les doit détrôner.
  - Voltaire, Epîtres

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net