[RC5] No net access for weeks at a time....

Michael Driscoll fenris at frob.ml.org
Sat Nov 29 14:52:51 EST 1997

>1) Is what I say in 2) above true?

I believe the limit is 65536 blocks, since the block count is encoded in
the seventh and eighth bits of the buffer (2^16 == 65536).

>2) Are random blocks "truely" random, i.e. the seed is not hard-coded, but
>is obtained by something from the system at generation time?

Probably something along the lines of srandom(time(NULL)); on the Unix
clients, but that's just a guess.
		Mike
--
---.-- Thinking of Maud you forget everything else.--More--
------  <mdriscol at mines.edu>                            sXe
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net