[RC5] Bigger Key Buffer

David A. Cafaro dac at cise.ufl.edu
Sat Nov 29 05:44:46 EST 1997

At 11:50 AM 11/29/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Another thing is the transfer from/to the proxy servers. It takes way
>to long to get the block over the net. I tested it several times, it
>is not a connectivity to the net, as at the same time I can transfer a
>file with about 6 to 7Bytes per second. I'm using an ISDN dialup link.
>But to get the 200 blocks in and out, it sometimes takes more than
>half a hour. Any suggestions?
>
>       Cheers,
>       Oliver

	My guess is that it is just a busy proxy server when you get the half-hour
transfers.  The team I'm on has a proxy set up, and I've never taken more
than 5 or so minutes max to transefer 200 blocks.  Myabe you should try
forcing your client to use a partucular proxy server?

*    ___    David A. Cafaro (AKA: Tony, One-Knee, D-Caf, Shogun)    *
*   /\ /\   dac at cise.ufl.edu                                        *
*  |--0--|  http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~dac                            *
*   \_|_/   University of Florida, Computer Engineering             *
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net