[RC5] Segmentation Fault with linux client!!

Fabio Coatti cova at felix.unife.it
Sat Nov 29 19:23:09 EST 1997

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Matt Perry wrote:

> This is more than likely a problem with the work around code in 2.0.32 for
> the F00F bug.  I know that the fix uses the MMU to catch the exception
> made by the bug before it's executed.  It's propably misinterptriting the
> exception as the F00F bug rather than a true exception.
>
> Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com
> "After ecstacy, laundry." - Zen writing
>
> > >I've installed 2.0.32 on a P133 and latest client works fine. When 2.0.32
> > >encounters a F0 0F bug, it writes
> > >
> > >Illegal Instruction (core dumped)

Well, I want to say that the same client and same Linux kernel works fine
on my P133 ( tested on 4 different machines); and the message wrote by
kernel in case of F0 0F bug is different from that one reported.
So I think that the problem is in another place, or P200 acts different from
P133.

Fabio Coatti

2:332/409.414                   Fidonet
cova at felix.unife.it             Internet
http://felix.unife.it/~cova     Home page

Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net