[RC5] GUI client hangs?

Peter Opitz PeterOpitz at t-online.de
Sun Nov 30 11:08:07 EST 1997

Hallo Lord!

Am 29. November 1997 schrieb Lord Somnolent an rc5 at llamas.net:

 >> I'm still new at this, but I have the client running on ~20 machines
 >> at work, and most of them cannot complete a 24 hour cycle without
 >> locking up. (v2.6401 Win32 GUI).
 LS>
 LS> Had this same question, and popped into #rc5 and asked someone.
 LS> Forgot who it was, but they said it was still working (hence 100%
 LS> CPU usage).

Same effect on my machine: The logging in the GUI client's window stops
after approximately 12 hours but the client continues to crack keys. It
still even issues those nice "moo" sounds... :-) I think it's only an
optical problem, would be nice if fixed but does no real harm.

cu

Peter

    I know not if this earth on which I stand is the core of the
    universe or if it is but a speck of dust lost in eternity. I
    know not and I care not.  For I know that happiness is possible
    to me on earth.  And my happiness needs no higher aim to vindicate
    it.  My happiness is not the means to any end.  It is its own
    goal.  It is its own purpose.
                        Ayn Rand

--

Please find my contribution to the Bovine RC5-64 effort under
Peter_Opitz at desert.fido.de. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net