[RC5] Time to completion

Marc Nicholas marc at hippocampus.net
Sun Nov 30 18:52:48 EST 1997

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Jared McIntyre wrote:

> >Not really - IBM has publically demonstrated 1.1GHz PPC chips...
>
> I don't know when they will be put to market, but IBM has, and will be
> showing at the chip developers convention in february, the 1.1ghz G4, which
> is reported to be a 64 bit chip  that contains either one or two processors
> on each chip (whether each processor is 1.1ghz I don't know).

When you hit microwave levels, chips become a whole different ballgame...
~1ghz outside of the lab may take a lot more effort than a lab prototype.
I can almost hear the FCC guys chuckling ;-)

-marc

 ---
Marc Nicholas - Hippocampus OSD, Inc. - Eastern Office
416 979 9000 - fax: 416 979 8223 - http://www.hippocampus.net
125 John St. - Suite #100 - Toronto - Ontario - M5V 2E2 - CANADA
"Inter/Intra/Extra[net] consulting, corporate access, hardware and software sales"

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net