[rc5] Future distributed.net projects

Eric Gindrup gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Oct 1 20:03:16 EDT 1997

        Well, it's no easier than RC5.  And it illustrates the continuing
     point that no *particular* level of encryption is sufficient,
     especially to be legislated.  The process of legislation is too slow
     to respond to normal increase in computing power, much less the sudden
     increases that improved technologies tend to bestow.
        RC5-64 would disallow the claim that "maybe 56 bits wasn't enough,
     but 64 is."  We have to dissuade anyone from thinking that there is
     *any* limit which can be safely mandated.