[rc5] Bunda?

Rik Ling rling at pipcom.com
Thu Oct 2 11:12:23 EDT 1997

----------
> From: Slim <slim at ipapilot.org>
> To: rc5 at llamas.net
> Subject: Re: [rc5] Bunda?
> Date: Thursday, October 02, 1997 9:13 AM
>
> >Slim wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know who bunda at buceta.caralho.org is, and how he managed
> >> do 82,919 blocks on his first day on the job?
>
> Walter wrote:
> > Is this maybe some kind of practical joke?
>
> There's certainly something odd, perhaps even sinister, about it. In the
> twelve hours after the initial 83000-block day, this team turned in only
> 1000 blocks.

Hmmm.  Is everybody else here thinking the same thing that I am?  How
difficult could it be to write a program that requests blocks from our
server, stores them, and then falsely reports them as complete---in
essence, stealing blocks from Bovine in order to use them in another
cracking effort somewhere else.

Is there some way to prevent this kind of scenario?  Bunda seems to have
goofed up by reporting a massive amount under one email in one day.  If
someone else  were to do the same thing and disguise their responses a bit
better, we'd never know, would we?

Just my $0.02 worth of doom-saying.

Later

Rik.
rling at pipcom.com

---
It's a mad, mad world.  Only the fully sane are truly crazy.
Distributed.Net : Online Pirhanas of the Internet
Come run with the pack --> http://rc5.distributed.net