[rc5] SETI

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Thu Oct 2 23:00:23 EDT 1997

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Thompson, Christopher wrote:
> >Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:54:47 -0700
> >From: lunaslide <lunaslyd at pacbell.net>
> >Subject: Re: [rc5] SETI
>
> I don't disbelieve that there are aliens out there, just that any form
> of communication that they possess will be something that we cannot
> detect, just as people in the 15th century couldn't detect television
> signals if we went back and beamed them at them.

What makes you think that we couldn't find sombody else's television
signals?  No eveloutonary principle that I can think of would meen that a
civisilation from another world would need to have superior tecnology then
us! Then we could find out if Quziglug's clone-brother is going to marry
Beezglurp's sister and kill Stepheno (Stepheno obviously is a bad character
trancendent of species)! <G>

	-=- James Mastros

---
"Anybody who thinks that their compiler is smarter than they are
probably disagrees with me."
	-=- Linus Torvalds