[rc5] Offence under US code Title 47, Sec 227(b) (1) (C)

Sanford Olson sanford at msn.fullfeed.com
Sun Oct 5 17:57:27 EDT 1997

Hmmm, so a PC (with modem & printer) is a legally equivalent to a fax
machine.  Interesting...  However, in most dialup e-mail setups, the
message is not sent to your PC.  Rather, you proactively fetch e-mail from
your ISP's POP server.  But, then again, I am not a lawyer and do not have
law books to look up the US Code sections quoted.  (Perhaps the full text
of section 227 is on the 'net somewhere?)

- Sanford