[rc5] Netware/IntraNetware client?

Stuart Anthony denitto at llamas.net
Tue Oct 7 12:29:12 EDT 1997

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Steve Trottier wrote:

> FWIW, NetWare/IntraNetWare servers are perfectly capable of running TCP/IP.
> There is even a Winsock.NLM that other NLMs can make use of so I don't see
> why you'd need to re-do any part of the client.  Screen output (text based)
> is as simple as a printf. It wouldn't be too difficult to port the plain
> command-line client to an NLM.  In fact, I volunteered to do so a few months
> ago, and followed through with the offer several more times, but was never
> given source code.  Now school has started again and I'm too busy.
>
> Steve Trottier <strottier at novell.com>
> PGP encrypted email welcome. Get my public key (5.0) at:
> http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7BFB9BA8

Source code for v1 clients has always been available.   If you
volunteered, that's the wrong route...

Example:

You get the v1 code...
You code up a v1 nlm...
You mail it to the dev team...
Dev team begins discourse with you over porting v2 to nlm.

That's the way it ends up being done around here...  Ya need to take the
initiative, rather then wait to be told to do something.

V1 source is located at:

ftp://ftp.distributed.net/pub/rc5/v1/src/

and

http://www.texas.net/rc5/rc5-client-2.01.tar.gz

and Remi Guyomarch (rguyom at mail.dotcom.fr)

has a fast v1 client out there too...

--Pete

The cows are tromping all over America. Cows can replicate. They're
being born all over the world. There's plenty of beef available!
		-- US Representative Zoe Lofgren (D-Ca)