[rc5] Ramdrive & win95

Joe Klein jklein at mail.il-icom.net
Tue Oct 7 14:39:32 EDT 1997

At 08:07 AM 10/7/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I run off a UPS, and power my monitor off.  Most I could loose is about
8-10 hours worth of key crunching.

Yea, but what if in those 8-10 hours you found the key? That would be the
worst 8-10 hours that you would EVER have to recoup... :)

>After 10 min, the HDD's spin down, so I am only running the PS fan and CPU
>fan.

I am still curious on why people don't want things running in their
computer overnight? Oddly enough, if it to "save electricity", this is
minimal.. considering that the average computer now runs on less
electricity (wattage wise) than the lights over your computer. (Please
correct me if I am wrong, I know that there may be other factors in play
here... but I didn't take enough physics to learn all about electricity...)