[rc5] Ramdrive & win95

Sanford Olson sanford at msn.fullfeed.com
Tue Oct 7 22:07:17 EDT 1997

>I run off a UPS, and power my monitor off.  Most I could loose
>is about 8-10 hours worth of key crunching. After 10 min, the
>HDD's spin down, so I am only running the PS fan and CPU fan.

You make it sound like the fans use up all the power!  *grin*  Actually,
the CPU fan and power supply fan use about 1.5W total!  Also, the hard
drive uses a fraction of the power that the CPU uses, so a RAM drive
doesn't save a huge amount of power.  I'll bet the UPS wastes more power
than the hard drive uses.

- Sanford