[rc5] GUIWIN32 clogging my CPU

Daniel Baker dbaker at wrangler.cuckoo.com
Wed Oct 8 12:27:09 EDT 1997

Ummmm. What exactly where you hoping this program would do?

It only use _IDLE_ cpu cycles.  If you start up another program, it will
use less of the CPU to make room for the new program.

If you set it to "Nice" or "Very nice" (or something like that) you won't
notice a performance difference at all.

  801 dbaker     1 -25   19 1516K  880K run    20.6H 86.66% rc5v2

On my UNIX machines, it uses about 86% of the CPU when it's basically
idle....

Daniel

Daniel Baker (dbaker at cuckoo.com)
Chief Technology and Executive Officer -- CuckooNet! (http://www.cuckoo.com)