[rc5] GUIWIN32 clogging my CPU

Wed Oct 8 13:28:37 EDT 1997

On Wed, 08 Oct 1997 18:04:03 +0200, Jan Stanger wrote:

>GUIWIN32.EXE is taking up about 80 to 90% CPU on my Windows 95 machine.
>That's ridiculous!

No,  that is exactly what it is supposed to do.  Actually it is rather light, my system usually is devoting between 93% and 97% to RC-5.

Believe it or not, most of the time your system is effectively sitting around doing nothing, just waiting for you to give it instructions.  The RC-5 client takes advantage of all that waiting time to get something useful done.

Kind of like if you took some knitting along while visiting the doctor.  You know that you are going to be sitting around most of the time, so you give yourself something to do while waiting.  RC-5 is knitting for your computer.

Skip Huffman
Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office
Quality Group
"A penny saved may be a penny earned, but it's a waste of
 a deposit slip and it really pisses off the tellers."