[rc5] rc5 nicness

Christian Holmqvist pt95cho at student.hk-r.se
Wed Oct 8 19:33:03 EDT 1997

Hi there!

I been sending this mail to the rc5 help mail box but I havn't heard
anything from them so I might as well send it to this list insted.

Hi

I have a problem with running the rc5 client (on a NT4.0 computer) when I'm
developing in Java.

The java garbage collection is set to run on system idle time and if I have
a rc5 client there is no system idle time so the garbage collection is
never executed. Is there any way around this. The only way around this is
that the rc5 client have to fake the system idle event.

This will also occure when a MFC system runns and tries to handle the
garbage collection. (When ever a object is created in ::FromHandle)

I consider this to be a major bug / problem and have to be fixed as soon as
possible!!!!

Cheers Christian
-----
Christian Holmqvist
Phone 0457-66079

Software engineer student at  University of Karlskrona-Ronneby,
V.Ordf RISC
Institution committee of  IDE
Irc-Nick: ACROO typ....

***
You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit
and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. -Harvey Diamond
***