[rc5] Blocks

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at grumblesmurf.net
Wed Oct 8 19:33:24 EDT 1997

"Eric Gindrup"<gindrup at okway.okstate.edu> writes:

>      Currently, it takes about 100 days for a tardy block to become
>      reassigned, assuming that the key isn't found between now and then.
>      No block is reassigned until all blocks have been assigned once.

Which means that all the 'bogus block' protections are basically
moot since one can just sit down and request blocks and never
process them.  It may not prevent the key from being found, but
it could make it take much longer.

That's why the whole "we're not releasing source code" to protect
ourselves is just stupid and irrelevant.

darrell