[rc5] rc5 nicness

Christian Holmqvist pt95cho at student.hk-r.se
Thu Oct 9 04:33:32 EDT 1997

At 18:21 1997-10-08 -0700, you wrote:
>>The java garbage collection is set to run on system idle time and if I have
>>a rc5 client there is no system idle time so the garbage collection is
>>never executed. Is there any way around this. The only way around this is
>>that the rc5 client have to fake the system idle event.
>
>Is there any way you can bump up/down the niceness of the garbage
>collector, to a level higher than the RC5 client?  That way RC5 will yield
>the CPU time to the cleanup.

Not as I know of.

Cheers Christian
-----
Christian Holmqvist
Phone 0457-66079

Software engineer student at  University of Karlskrona-Ronneby,
V.Ordf RISC
Institution committee of  IDE
Irc-Nick: ACROO typ....

***
You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit
and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. -Harvey Diamond
***